Thursday, December 11, 2014

We Three Sith

It's the eleventh day of Blissemas... (I think there are too many days for the song, so this joke is going to expire tomorrow...) and Bibi's Bookstop has something for you. (She also has the same exact blog background that I do. And while it's a logical choice for a background from the ones available and all, I keep wondering if I should change mine...)

That was sort of parenthetic, wasn't it?

Have I mentioned that I hate Christmas music?

I know, I know. I'm so much a grinch rather than an elf. I'm totally okay with this...


I've been trying to be better, but the holidays have never been one of my favorite things. Expectations are high, disappointments are exacerbated, family can be utterly revolting, and don't even get me started on how stupidly expensive things can get. I can't be the only one who thinks the war on Christmas is being waged by the corporations, rather than by the atheists...

Moving my Big Party from the summer to a holiday party has been good; for one thing it makes decorating mandatory, rather than a half-hearted effort on my part, and I think that the house looks nice (we have two christmas trees, which is hilarious for a house full of atheists...)

You know the thing with Christmas music tho? I'm very susceptible to earwigs (those songs that get stuck in your head and your brain plays over and over at top volume?) and Christmas music is some of the most earwiggy, annoying shit on the PLANET.

I've been listening to Jingle Bell Rock in my head for almost a week now...

Which is why I started writing

We three Sith...

Hey, I'm all about self-entertainment...


No comments:

Post a Comment