Saturday, August 23, 2014

Guest Post and Promo: V.L. Locey

Hello! My name is V.L. Locey, and I`m a multigenre erotic romance author. Before I get all caught up in chatting about things that go bump in the night, I`d like to thank Lynn for having me here!

Your usual Blogger: Hi! So happy to have you here!

Do you remember what movie first made you jump? For me, it was the classic and B-rated monster movies. As a child I would watch Scream- In with Dr. Shock, a horror host in the Philadelphia area. I loved all the old black-and-white monsters such as Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. My favorite, even as a child, was Lon Chaney Jr. as The Werewolf. I`m not sure what drew me to that character so powerfully, but to this day I have a soft spot for shapeshifters.

When I saw the call for submission for Dawg Days, I knew I had to pen a tale to submit. I already have one shifter book on the market, An Erie Halloween, from Torquere Press. Another in the series, An Erie Operetta, will be released in early 2015.

Your usual Blogger: Can I say how excited I am about that, I really enjoyed Erie Halloween, so I'm looking forward to reading more!
For this anthology I wanted to do something a bit different but wasn`t sure what. Then I stumbled across some Kurdish folk music while looking for a music prompt to share with my local writers group. And there it was. The answer to what I would submit. With that beautiful music as inspiration, I crafted an M/M fantasy short story called Night of the Jackal about two jackal shifters on a world far different than ours.

Blurb: Sahl and Jasim are outcasts. Alone on a world covered with shifting sands, the two males live and love day by day, eking out an existence. One night, hunger drives Jasim, the largest of the two jackal shifters, into recklessness. Leaving Sahl behind, Jasim crosses the river in the hopes of stealing food from a resting caravan.

It is Sahl that relays the story of this night. Of how he, the weaker of the pair, must face many dangers to locate, and hopefully free, his lover from a terrible fate. Can Sahl find his mate in time, or will both males end up as new pelts upon the Madr Pash drying racks?

Torquere Press
Amazon
All Romance eBooks
Smashwords (Dawg Days Anthology)

Excerpt:

I groom myself as I wait, seated under the cool gaze of the moon sisters. I clean my snout with my paw as a slow drum beat erupts from the Madr camp. I am not aware of when our kind left the other humans. We know hatred from the non-skin wearers caused us to move into the desert. That is all we know of it. That slight has never been forgiven. The travelling bands use us as a means to frighten their children, telling them sand jackals will carry them off if they wander from camp. I have never stolen a child. I have found their small bones in the sands and gnawed upon them, for the core is tasty. This caravan is known as Madr Pash. They are famed for being great hunters. My stomach rumbles. Oh, what I would give for a fish! A large red one such as we see rising to the surface of the river when the sun brothers kiss the moon sisters in greeting.

A shout from the Madr camp startles me. My head jerks to the side. The sound was quick, sharp, but still it lingers in the wide width of my pointed ears. I shoot to my paws. Jasim! A loud hoot bounces over the silver sands. A dark fear overtakes my heartbeat. I shake the dread away. Jasim needs my help. Even if I am the smaller one in size, I am just as stalwart as Jasim. I jump from the rock to the craggy riverbed. The going is slow, difficult. My paws slip into between the smooth, wet rocks. Across the river, voices rise in song. Clapping erupts. I pick my way along, wincing when a claw is bent backward. The moon sisters are fat. They guide me.

Author Bio:

V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, belly laughs, reading and writing lusty tales, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers,  comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.) She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, a steer named after a famous N.H.L. goalie,  a pig named after a famous President, and a flock of assorted domestic fowl.

When not writing lusty tales, she can be found enjoying her day with her menagerie in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania, fresh cup of java in hand.
I love to meet new friends and fans! You can find me at-

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/VL-Locey/124405447678452
Twitter- https://twitter.com/vllocey
Pinterest-http://www.pinterest.com/vllocey/
Goodreads- http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5807700.V_L_Locey
My blog- http://thoughtsfromayodelinggoatherder.blogspot.com/


More V.L. Locey Torquere Press books:

Two Guys Walk Into An Apocalypse (Part of the He Loves Me For My Brainssss anthology), Two Guys Walk Into An Apocalypse 2:It Came From Birmingham, Love of the Hunter, Goaltender`s Penalty, All I Want for Christmas, Every Sunday at One (Part of the 2013 Charity Sip Anthology).

And coming soon . . .Two Guys Walk Into An Apocalypse 3:He`s A Lumberjack And He`s Undead and Early To Rise - A Toms & Tabbies Tale.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me over, Lynn! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Pittsburgh we had Chiller Theatre with Chilly Billy, aka Bill Cardille. The show ran for a gazillion years, and after it finally went off the air, Bill was a dj for a seventies music station. That just went off the air last week as a matter of fact.

    I love the old B movies, more so sci fi than horror, but that whole genre of B movies is great.

    I loved Night of the Jackal, it is a new genre to me and it's always a good thing to stretch a little outside your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by, Michele. Those old B movies are just the best! I`m so glad to hear you enjoyed Night of the Jackal. =)

    ReplyDelete